Patricia Piccinini's A Miracle Constantly Repeated will remain closed for the duration of Victoria's lockdown, up to and including Thursday 23 September. If you hold a ticket to a cancelled session, we will automatically issue you with a refund, so you can rebook at your convenience—there’s no need to contact us.
Thank you for your patience, particularly those who have had their tickets rescheduled multiple times. We understand how frustrating it is. We’ve extended the season to January 2022, so we hope we see you in the ballroom soon.
We see RISING and its events as chances for us all to reconnect as a city. We also believe RISING has a fundamental role in rebuilding and lifting Melbourne up. That being said, the safety of visitors, artists and staff is our highest priority.
We are working with the Victorian Government and the Department of Health to deliver COVID-Safe events for everyone. We ask that you work with us and give us your trust and patience. We also suggest following us on social media (Facebook | Instagram | Twitter), so you don’t miss any information.
WHAT WE’RE DOING AT RISING EVENTS
- Timed and staggered entry for ticketed events and capacity management at all venues
- Lower capacity limits to allow physical distancing
- Masks are mandatory at A Miracle Constantly Repeated unless a lawful exemption applies
- Temperature checks at the entrance to A Miracle Constantly Repeated
- Implementing contact tracing protocols including digital check-in using QR codes and the Services Victoria App
- Sanitiser stations at entry and exit points
- Digital tickets to limit handling, and encouraging early booking to minimise queues
- Cashless payments for tickets and merchandise
- Flexible ticketing to make refunds or rescheduling available to anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms or must self-isolate (see below)
- Providing up-to-date information via email 48 hours before your event’s start time, or timed entry
- Providing COVID-Safe updates on our social media channels as required
FLEXIBLE TICKETING POLICY
Due to the uncertainties posed by COVID-19, we’re offering additional flexibility through our refund policy. Stay home if you or anyone in your booking party is feeling unwell and let us know ahead of the event if you can’t attend—we’ll sort you out with an exchange or a refund.
It’s the same deal if you need to self-isolate or can’t attend due to travel restrictions. You’ll need to contact us soon as possible after displaying symptoms, coming into contact with anyone displaying symptoms, or when you first learn you need to isolate or can’t travel. We won’t be able to provide a refund if you contact us after the event or when your session has passed.
Contact us by phone on 03 9662 4242, or email.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Stay home if you’re unwell
Please stay home if you are unwell, have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or any other flu-like symptoms. Here’s some info on getting tested and how to isolate.
Don’t spray it
If you feel a sneeze coming on, fire it into your elbow.
Wash those hands
Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Make use of the hand sanitiser available as soon as you arrive at a RISING event.
Maintain physical distancing
Help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from other people where possible and avoiding close contact with people outside of your immediate group.
Wear a mask
Masks are mandatory at A Miracle Constantly Repeated and we ask that you bring your own mask.
You don’t have to wear a mask if you have a medical exemption. You must provide proof of your exemption when asked, though.
Still have questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.