We see RISING as a chance for us all to reconnect as a city after this incredibly long day. We also believe RISING has a fundamental role in rebuilding and lifting up Melbourne’s iconic arts, food and music scenes. That being said, the safety of visitors, artists and staff is our highest priority.
We are working with the Victorian Government and the Department of Health to deliver a COVID-Safe event for everyone. We ask that you work with us, and give us your trust and patience, so that we can launch this thing into the stratosphere and then safely touchdown back on Earth.
WHAT WE’RE DOING AT RISING EVENTS
- Timed and staggered entry for ticketed events and capacity management at all venues
- Lower capacity limits to allow physical distancing
- Modified seating arrangements for seated performances
- Floor markers and signage at venues to remind us to stay 1.5metres apart
- Sanitiser stations at entry and exit points
- Requesting patrons carry a mask at all times. Masks are mandatory when travelling on public transport and recommended to be worn where physical distancing is not possible
- Digital tickets to limit handling and encouraging early booking to minimise box office queues
- Contact tracing through digital check-ins using QR codes
- Cashless-only payments across ticket box offices and food and beverage outlets
- Digital-only event programs and digital versions of festival maps
- COVID-Safety Marshalls at events to support visitors and answer questions
- Flexible ticketing to make refunds or rescheduling available to anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms or must self-isolate (For more info, refer to our full Ticketing Terms and Conditions)
- Providing up-to-date information about your event via email 48 hours beforehand
- Providing COVID-Safe updates on our social channels as required
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Stay home if you’re unwell
Please stay home if you are unwell, have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or any other flu-like symptoms. Here’s some info on getting tested and how to isolate. If you already have tickets, contact us as soon as you can to reschedule or get a refund (read about our flexible ticketing policy below).
Sneeze into your space suit
If you feel a sneeze coming on, fire it into your elbow.
Wash those hands
Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds. As soon as you arrive make use of the hand sanitiser available.
Maintain physical distancing
Help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by maintaining a parallel orbit of 1.5 metres from other people where possible, and avoiding close contact with people outside of your group.
Wear a mask
RISING is following government guidelines on masks. Current guidelines require everyone to carry a face mask at all times and to wear them in certain situations. We ask that wherever physical distancing isn’t possible, that you wear a mask, and be kind and respectful to RISING staff providing any instructions.
FLEXIBLE TICKETING POLICY
Due to the uncertainties posed by COVID-19, we’re offering additional flexibility through our refund policy. Stay home if you or anyone in your booking party is feeling unwell and let us know ahead of the event if you can’t attend—we’ll sort you out with a refund. It’s the same deal if you need to self-isolate or can’t make it to the festival due to travel restrictions. You’ll need to contact us soon as possible after displaying symptoms, coming into contact with anyone displaying symptoms, or when you first learn you need to isolate or can’t travel. We won’t be able to provide a refund if you contact us after the event.
Contact us by phone on 03 9662 4242, email or live chat.
If we need to postpone or cancel an event due to COVID-19, we’ll reschedule you into another session or provide a refund. For more info, refer to our full Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
If you've purchased your RISING tickets via an authorised seller, you’ll need to contact them to discuss your situation.
Still have questions? Send us an email.