10,000 Kazoos Volunteers EOI
One kazoo? That’s silly and fun. But 10,000 kazoos? That’s a city-sized pied piper of absurdity—and we need volunteers to help us bring it all together on the day.
10,000 Kazoos is a mass participation event for RISING 2023. It’s going to be a big, unifying, howling moment in the heart of Melbourne, in Federation Square, and anyone can take part.
RISING is seeking volunteers to herd, help and hand out kazoos to the 10,000 participants descending on Fed Square.
It’s a great opportunity for people looking for event management experience as well as the chance to meet new people, make connections, and be part of something huge that is—to be quite frank—pretty bonkers.
Duration | 3 hours
Shift | 3PM—6PM
Event start time | 4PM
Location | Fed Square, Melbourne
What you’ll do
- Greet participants as they arrive and give them the life-long gift of a new kazoo
- Help security and event staff direct where kazooers to where they need to go so the event can achieve maximum sonic power
- Provide event information and assist with participant questions (note: 10,000 Kazoos has no defined reason for existing, so you’ll not be required to provide one)
- Monitor event areas and assist with kazoo collection, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Eligibility and requirements
- Over 18-years-old
- Available between 3—6pm, Saturday 10 June (this one is pretty important)
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Reliable and punctual
Apply to be a volunteer
Applications close midnight, Mon 5 June.