As a festival that reflects Melbourne and Australia in this moment, we’re pleased to offer school bookings and resources for students. The 2023 festival has many works which align with the Australian and Victorian School curriculum requirements, across year levels.
If you’re a school group planning an excursion, booking is essential. We recommend booking two weeks in advance to secure your spot. Please note that bookings are needed for self-guided visits as well as education workshops.
For any education-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our education Moon Mail here or when you make a school booking enquiry to get updates on upcoming programs, special events and giveaways for teachers and students.
make a school booking enquiry
Events available for school bookings
We have a range of programming that are suitable for primary and high school students.
RISING is offering FREE tickets* for high school students and creative workshop excursions. An immersive film installation by filmmaker Julian Rosefeldt (Manifesto, 2015) at Melbourne Town Hall exploring the euphoric aspects of capitalism and consumption.
Cost | Free* — $20 per student
Date | Fri 02 — Sun 18 June
Duration | 1—2 hours recommended
Level | Suitable for years 7—12
Content Warning | Strong language, drug use
*Thanks to City of Melbourne, RISING is offering a limited allocation of free sessions for high school students. Once free sessions are fully booked, sessions are $20 per student.
Limited workshops available. Bookings essential.
Following the film installation join our RISING artist educators for a thought-provoking learning experience unpacking the themes in Euphoria through hands-on movement, music, theatre and spoken word.
Cost | Creative workshops are $550 for up to 32 students
Date | Mon 5 — Thu 8 June, Tue 13 June — Thu 15 June, 12pm
Duration | 4 hours
Level | Suitable for years 7—10
More on Euphoria
Shadow Spirit, presented by Metro Trains Melbourne, illuminates the many connections First Peoples have to spirit worlds of country and expansive metaphysical layers of time and memory through immersive and dynamic art installations. Bring your students along for a captivating exhibition that traverses time and celestial worlds, while reflecting on the shadows of Australian history.
A RISING education resource aimed at Year 7+ students will provide deeper understanding on the exhibition. Coming soon.
Cost | $30 per head for school groups (teachers are required to have a ticket)
Date | Wed 07 June to Sun 30 July
Entry | 10am, 10.15am and 10.30am sessions reserved for school groups. Later sessions may be available.
Duration | 75 minutes recommended
Level | Suitable for years 7—12
More on Shadow Spirit
Hide The Dog
Bookings for school groups to Hide The Dog are facilitated by Arts Centre Melbourne
More on Hide The Dog
“It’s 10,000 people, playing 10,000 kazoos and everyone’s invited. Simple. Powerful. Kazoo-tiful.”
10,000 Kazoos is a mass participation event for RISING 2023. Join the kazoo-nity, become a part of the largest kazoo orchestra in the southern hemisphere – maybe even the world!
We encourage schools to share the registration link with their students and their families. Want to run your own kazoo workshop in the lead up to the event? Download the workshop pack below.
Cost | Free
Date | Sat 10 June, 4pm, Federation Square
Duration | 60 minutes Level | Suitable for all school aged children, young people and families
More on 10,000 Kazoos
The Rink at RISING
A magic new city ice-skating spot on the banks of the Yarra River, Birrarung Marr (“river of mists”) . Enjoy a skating experience of celestial proportions slicing up the ice under a deep constellation of lights. Group discounts for students!
Cost | $20 per student for groups of 10+
Date | Thu 1 June to Fri 8 July
Duration | Up to 2 hours on the ice Level | Suitable for children aged 12+
Note | Teachers must accompany children under 12 on the ice
More on The Rink
SCHOOL BOOKING STEP-BY-STEP
Organise your group | Get your estimated numbers together on a suitable date/time for your visit. It’s good to have a second or third preference in mind if you have a large group that we might not be able to accommodate for your first preference
Submit an enquiry form | Fill in the school booking form link below. Sessions that are less than three weeks away from the submission date will not be available to select on the form
Check your inbox | Once submitted, our team will process the enquiry into an order: we’ll get in touch if we need more info, and work out the best result for your group visit before confirming cost and payment
Complete your payment | We will reserve your seats up until payment due date (two weeks prior to the date of your session), while you finalise numbers in your group after the form has been submitted
- Payment must be received by RISING two weeks prior to your selected session
- Payments will be accepted via invoice or credit card
- Once we receive payment, your will receive an order confirmation. E-Tickets will be sent in late May
- The booking enquiry form does not confirm your booking—it just gets the ball rolling for our team to find you a suitable session and confirm the final cost before processing payment RISING must receive payment 14 days prior to your chosen session.
- If we do not receive payment, your booking enquiry will be cancelled and any seats on hold will be released
- There are no refunds if members of your group are no longer able to attend
- The prices listed on the form are subject to change. Our team will advise you of the final total once the order is confirmed
- Live availability of listed sessions is not reflected in the enquiry form.
- Please check the calendar via the event's booking link for an idea of current availability.
- Our team will get in touch if your preferred session is not available and try to find a new date or time.
- If your group schedule changes, we may be able to offer an exchange into a different session of the same show.
- This is subject to availability with an exchange fee applied for $3 per ticket
- Not all shows are available for school bookings—all viable sessions are listed in the school booking form
- Payment by invoice or credit card available
- A transaction fee of $4 will apply for each confirmed order
- All RISING bookings are in line with our Ticketing Terms and Conditions
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!
For any questions about your visit or education resources, please email email@example.com
For any questions about ticketing or availability of sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org